It’s Time that you have decided to whiten your teeth. Or you might be exploring the best procedure for whitening your teeth.
Either way, you’re probably surfing the web looking at the teeth whitening options available to you.
There are plenty of options available in market with each having different procedure. Knowing the vital briefing in respect to teeth whitening cost and results will help in choosing the right procedure for your teeth.
Whitening toothpastes target the surface of your teeth with a variety of substances, including abrasives and the chemical blue covarine which is not a safe application. It may take time for whitening toothpastes to work, but those with blue covarine may be effective after just one brush because the chemical makes your teeth appear whiter.
Activated charcoal and other home-based methods
You may be curious about using homemade methods to whiten teeth. Activated Charcoal is one such treatment. These methods are not scientifically proven to whiten teeth and should be discussed with a dentist before trying them. You may damage your teeth if you use these methods without first consulting a dentist.
HOW TEETH WHITENING STRIPS WORK:
Teeth whitening strips have bleaching agents and they are required to be attached to your teeth for 1 hour a day for at least 3 weeks. Some strip brands dissolve without needing to be removed. There are different level of concentrations of bleaching agent in different whitening strips.
PROS OF TEETH WHITENING STRIPS:
- They cost between 4- 5k for a pack of strips
- They contain a low amount of bleaching agent, which is ideal for those with sensitive gums
CONS OF TEETH WHITENING STRIPS:
- The process of whitening is too slow that you may not even feel any whitening after using the whole procedure
- The strips only whiten what they touch, so they will miss the crevices between teeth
- Weakened Enamel and Troubles with Tooth Sensitivity
HOW WHITENING MOUTHWASH WORKS:
Whitening mouthwash is like regular mouthwash -- it cleans your mouth and fights bad breath by killing bacteria -- but it also whitens your teeth. Basically, it’s one step above typical mouthwash. In most cases, hydrogen peroxide is the main ingredient in most mouthwashes.
PROS OF WHITENING MOUTHWASH:
- Whitening rinses only require a couple of minutes per day to work
- The rinses are generally gentle on the tooth’s enamel while also working to strengthen it
- They eliminate bad breath
CONS OF WHITENING MOUTHWASH:
- They’re not the most effective teeth whitening treatment as the solution only has a short amount of contact with your teeth
- It can take up to 4-12 weeks to see results
- The solution may cause irritation due to its high alcohol content
- Can irritate canker sores
In-Chair Dental Whitening
HOW IN-CHAIR DENTAL WHITENING WORKS:
This form of whitening, also known as “laser bleaching” or “power whitening”, uses lasers to accelerate the bleaching effect of a concentrated gel that is applied to the teeth. This requires a single visit to the dentist for an in-chair teeth whitening treatment that takes about an hour.
PROS OF DENTAL WHITENING:
- It produces instant results
- It’s performed in a controlled environment with all necessary safety features in place for safe application
CONS OF DENTAL WHITENING:
- They come with heavy cost and can cost your pocket even lakhs
- Tooth sensitivity is perhaps the most common side effect of heavy hydrogen peroxide use. You may find consuming hot or cold foods or liquids unpleasant after a peroxide treatment
- Potential problems can include teeth becoming dehydrated and sore throat also
- More serious side effects of hydrogen peroxide whitening include inflammation of the teeth roots in the gums
At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit
HOW AT-HOME TEETH WHITENING KITS WORK:
- Though kits vary by brand, The Molar Bear teeth whitening Kit includes a mouth tray, Teeth Whitening Gels contains 3 syringes and an accelerator light. The light is attached to the mouth tray, which is applied with gel and worn for 10 minutes a day for at least 6 consecutive days.
PROS OF TEETH WHITENING KITS:
- At-home kits achieve professional teeth whitening results in your own home
- They can make your teeth 3-5 shades lighter after 6 applications
- The teeth whitening cost of DIY treatments are significantly cheaper than in-chair applications.
CONS OF TEETH WHITENING KITS:
- They require a window of 10 Min time every day for 6 consecutive days to be effective
- Teeth that are deeply stained dark grey, brown or black might not achieve the desired shading result in one time use.
If you’d like to buy the at-home teeth whitening kit, check out The Molar Bear at mymolarbear.com which completely safe and with results guaranteed, the kits will help you achieve a pearly white smile in the comfort of your own home.