DURING THE TEETH WHITENING TREATMENT
Keep these tips with you if you’re about to start using teeth whitening kit.
Do avoid eating or drinking (other than water) for 30 minutes after doing the teeth whitening procedure to get best result.
And while going through the 6 days of consecutive applications, kindly avoid food which is prone to staining foods and drinks like:
- Red wine
- Tea and coffee
- Soft drinks
- Tomatoes and red sauces
You can have as much “white” foods as you like, such as white rice, white pasta, chicken, turkey, potatoes, and bananas.
Top tip: Use a straw for drinking when possible, to help minimize the amount of liquid contacting your teeth.
Since you have now whitened your teeth recently with The Molar Bear's Teeth Whitening Kit.
You can see it worked like a magic and you’re eager to start flaunting your whiter and brighter smile.
But now you will have to maintain this white smile with keeping in mind the below steps to avoid rebuilding of stains.
Good news: follow these aftercare to keep this blushing smile.
TEETH WHITENING AFTERCARE
Once you’ve finished all your consecutive days of whitening applications and are happy with the results, it’s time to focus on keeping your smile as white and bright as possible.
GET A QUALITY TOOTHPASTE AND TOOTHBRUSH
Try our teeth whitening toothpaste and Bamboo Charcoal toothbrush to maintain the day to day oral care and for removing plaque and debris from those tough-to-reach places.
REDUCE ACIDIC FOOD CONSUMPTION
Acidic foods can cause your tooth enamel and can result in discoloration. Highly acidic foods and drinks like Citrus fruits, Cranberries, Tomatoes and tomato sauces, Coffee and wine.
There’s no need to cut out high-acidic foods completely, but reduce your intake and consume them alongside water.
Heavy smoking isn’t good for many things, and that includes your newly whitened teeth.
obacco will stain your teeth, so if you can’t quit altogether, it’s best to cut back as much as you can to preserve your pearly whites in the long-run.
There are many different nicotine replacement therapy products (NRT) to help you quit smoking such as:
- Nicotine chewing gum
- Nasal sprays
After a complete 6 day continuous usage of teeth whitening kit, try maintenance application once every 2-3 weeks.
Your toothbrush should be changed as regularly as every 3 months. It is always advisable to keep changing the brush after the bristles breaking down over time and becoming less effective for removing plaque. The bristles will wear out over time, losing their flexibility and effectiveness. You should purchase a new toothbrush every three to four months, or as soon as the bristles start to splay and lose their shape. Visual inspection of the toothbrush is more important than the actual timeline.
Try our Bamboo charcoal Toothbrush
PRACTICE PROPER BRUSHING TECHNIQUE
Brush twice a day for two minutes each time, but ensure you are doing it the right way.
Brushing should cover the entire areas, crevices and cracks in your teeth to ensure they’re getting a proper clean.
- Use a small amount of toothpaste
- Spend two to three minutes brushing
- Brush your molars
- Brush the inner surfaces of your teeth
- Brush your tongue gently
EAT GOOD-FOR-YOUR-TEETH FOODS
Diet plays a big part in keeping your teeth healthy due to the nutrients and vitamins found in different foods. For healthy teeth and gums, start stocking the pantry with these goodies.
Tooth enamel is the toughest tissue of the whole human body. Keep it that way by adding these tooth-fortifying foods to your regular diet.
- APPLES: The crunchy texture of an apple triggers a combination of chewing and saliva, which works to gently scrub away stains on your teeth.
- CHEESE: Dairy foods, including cheese, are rich in tooth- and bone-fortifying calcium. Dairy products, such as cheese and milk, also contain casein protein, which stabilizes and repairs enamel.
- LEAFY GREENS AND VEGETABLES: Spinach and other leafy greens are loaded with fiber, which is excellent for your teeth because it requires a lot of chewing to break down and generates saliva that cleans and rinses your teeth while also neutralizing acid.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: Water keeps your mouth clean by washing away food particles and maintaining a high saliva level. Saliva is 95% water and contains proteins and minerals that keep the acid build-up at bay.
- CARROT STICKS: Raw carrots, and other raw vegetables and fruits in your diet can do wonders for your teeth. They require a lot of chewing, thus helping to strengthen your teeth. All the chewing also disrupts germs-filled plaque and cleanses the teeth and gums.
- GREEN TEA: This healing elixir has many research-backed benefits thanks to its powerful germs and disease-fighting antioxidants, which have the ability to protect teeth by preventing plaque from sticking to them
FLOSS YOUR TEETH
Proper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot easily reach — under the gum line and between your teeth. Because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease, daily flossing is highly recommended.
RINSE WITH AN ANTISEPTIC MOUTHWASH
Rinsing twice a day isn’t just a great way to keep your breath fresh. It’s the key to getting your whole mouth clean. The truth is that brushing alone only reaches 25% of your mouth. The power of the swish fights bacteria in your whole mouth, – teeth and gums. But it should be used twice a day to reach its deep-clean effectiveness. After all, germs are in your mouth all day, every day, and one swish only protects you for 12 hours.
CHEW SUGARLESS GUM
Studies have shown that chewing sugar-free gum after meals and snacks can help rinse off and neutralize the acids released by the bacteria in plaque, which are harmful to tooth enamel. Both the act of chewing and the flavor of the artificial sweeteners in the gum stimulate ten times the normal rate of saliva flow.
By following these teeth whitening aftercare tips, you can guarantee a long-lasting white smile for years to come.
It’s super important to look after your teeth.